The musings of a girl who's a bit too eager to talk about anything and everything.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Hello There.

7:30 PM Posted by Allie Wood No comments
Hello again.

I'm Allie. Or Alex. Or Alligator. Or Maverick.
Or even Kung Fu Panda if you happen to be my old flight sim instructor.
Just basically whatever the heck you want to call me.

So, I guess I'm supposed to start this blog off with a few things about me, correct? Well, here goes, then.

  • I happen to be an aficionado of Supernatural, Harry Potter, Stephen King, HIMYM, anything Avengers related, the X-Files, an extreme amount of bands, and anything aviation related. Trust me, you'll find all of this out soon enough.
  • I am currently preparing to leave for boot camp for the wonderful branch of the United States military called the Navy. August 19th is when I leave and I'm currently freaking out, but shhh, the part about me freaking out is a secret. After boot camp, which is in Great Lakes, Illinois, I will be moving to Pensacola, Florida, for my training as an aviation technician. I so cannot wait for that weather. Maybe I'll actually get tan for once in my life.
  • I'm totally planning on getting my private pilot's license sometime in the next couple of years, because flying is definitely a passion.
  • I paint. A lot. I'm not necessarily great at it, but I love it, so I shall continue to paint. Forever. For-ev-errr. (Sandlot reference, yes.)
  • I'm quite the animal lover. I have two dogs, two cats, and plenty of fish. And, here is a way too long and way too detailed explanation of all of my pets for your (hopeful) enjoyment.
    •  Dogs:
      • // Scootles + H.H. //
      • Bichon Frises.
      • Extremely cute but also extremely annoying.
      • Scootles' name doesn't really have a meaning. It's just cute.
      • H.H. has plenty of meanings ranging anywhere from Harold Hecuba to H.H. Holmes to He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Yes, this means that our dog is officially named after Voldemort.
    • Cats:
      • // Cyprian + Bucky //
      • Cyprian is a flame-point Siamese.
      • Bucky is a Russian Blue mixed with a tabby. (We think. We're not 100% positive on that.)
      • Cyprian is a big ol' grump bucket, whereas Bucky is a fluffy, extremely vocal ball of energy. (That means Cyprian is old and Bucky is a wee little kitten.)
      • Cyprian is just an awesome name, no explanation needed there. It's pronounced Kip-ree-in, if that helps.
      • Bucky is named after James Buchanan Barnes out of the Captain America story, because Steve Rogers is the love of my life, so why not name a cat after his best friend? My parents aren't necessarily thrilled with that name choice, but c'est la vie, right?
    • Fish:
      • // Sam + Dean //
        • Clown Loaches.
        • Obviously named after SPN characters.
      • // Castiel + Crowley //
        • Ghost catfish.
        • Also obviously named after SPN characters.
      • // Garth //
        • Plecostomus.
        • Still named after an SPN character, because my life revolves around that show, if you couldn't already tell.
      • // Bobby //
        • Dennison Barb.
        • Guess what show's character he's named after. Just guess. I bet you you're right. (Did you guess SPN? Well, then, you're correct. Just like I said you'd be.)
        • Bobby the Barb. Fantastic alliteration, and also a good name for one of those old-timey rulers, like Alexander the Great or something.
      • // The Others //
        • Basically, I am too lazy to name the rest of the fish. They are also all skirt tetras, so they're too identical to try and distinguish.
        • So, let's just say I named them after "The Others" in Game of Thrones to pretend that I'm actually clever. Okay? Okay. (No, that was not a TFIOS reference.)
  • Still speaking of animals, my favorite animal is the majestic tiger. They are perfection and if you don't think they are, you're wrong.
  • I reference movies, television shows, and music about every five minutes. It's fantastic. Truly.
  • The sports teams I am a fan of consist of the following: (Yes, I do have more than one team I am a fan of for most sports that I follow, but the most important ones will be listed first.)
    • NBA:
      • Los Angeles Lakers
    • NCAA: (Mainly football.)
      • Oklahoma Sooners
      • Utah Utes
    • NFL:
      • New England Patriots
      • New York Giants
    • MLB:
      • Chicago Cubs
      • Toronto Blue Jays (Hey, Canada needs a little love. And Jose Bautista follows me on twitter, too, and he's pretty cool, eh?)
    • NHL:
      • Colorado Avalanche
    • MLS:
      • REAL Salt Lake
  • I attempt to play the guitar and the ukulele. Yes, attempt. I am not good at all, but practicing might be a good idea. Someone, somewhere, may need my mediocre music skills someday.
  • I play Pokemon a lot more than you'd expect an eighteen year old girl to.
  • I'm Native American. I think that's pretty fantastic.
  • No force in this endless, vast sea we call the universe could ever get me to care about the Kardashian family, Duck Dynasty, or Honey Boo Boo. I prefer keeping most of my brain cells intact, thank you. (If you like those shows, by all means, continue on liking them. They're just not my forte.)
  • I believe in Bigfoot.
  • Like all other teenagers who deprive themselves of sleep, I get quite philosophical after 10:30 at night and start craving deep conversations, although I never manage to find myself in the midst of one.
  • Wil Wheaton is either my soul mate or my spirit animal, and I can't decide on which.
  • Extreme Nicolas Cage fan.
  • My favorite movie is Miss Congeniality. If you've seen it, you can agree about its fantastic quality. If you haven't, WHY THE HECK ARE YOU STILL READING THIS?! GO WATCH IT RIGHT NOW.
  • I'm probably the only girl I know that isn't obessed with Disney movies. They're definitely not my favorite things in the world, aside from Hercules and Mulan because those are perfect.
  • Also, Gilligan's Island is glorious and I feel bad for everyone that's my age because most of them haven't seen it, so their lives are incomplete.

I'm sure you're sick of reading about me by now, so I'll end this blog post here in just one second. 
I'll try my hardest to update regularly. It could be movie reviews, rants, or just basically anything I feel the need to put effort into by collecting my thoughts and typing a post about said subject.

So, live long and proper, friends. 

You're rad and don't forget that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment