The musings of a girl who's a bit too eager to talk about anything and everything.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Go The Distance

9:27 AM Posted by Allie Wood , No comments
Well. It's here.
This is going to be my last blog post for roughly eight to nine weeks.
So, here we go.
This is going to be a short one, since I'm not totally sure that I won't be able to make it through this without crying just a bit.

I seriously can't believe it's time. It's insane. I can't figure out how I'm feeling right now. I mean, I'm excited, nervous, sad, and basically every emotion in between.

With that in mind, what better thing to do than sing Go The Distance in your head, on repeat, right? I watched Hercules yesterday, so I'm 100% positive that that is the reason this particular song is my choice right now.

My favorite part is:

I'll be there someday, I can go the distance.
I will find my way if I can be strong.
I know every mile, will be worth my while.
When I go the distance, I'll be right where I belong.

Down an unknown road, to embrace my fate.
Though that road may wander, it will lead me to you.
And a thousand years, would be worth the wait.
It might take a lifetime, but somehow I'll see it through.

It's really uplifting at this exact moment. I have some semblance of a clue of how the next two months will be, but I know it will be much more difficult than that, but I just have to see it through so I can reach my end goal. This is what I've wanted to do for years, and the time is now upon me.

Here's a huge thank you to everyone who's been supporting me in my decision to join the Navy and has been there for me through thick and thin. I love all of you with every last bit of my heart, mind, and soul. You are all amazing and I couldn't be any amount more grateful than I am right now.

I have a bit of a rough time ahead of me, but I'm sure I can make it through and get myself to where I want to be. So, let's start my journey into the great blue yonder.

Let's see here.
I think my attitude for the next few months needs to include Hercules dedication to finding where he belongs and doing what he needs to do to get there, Spock's logic, Gracie Hart's all-around personality, Steve Rogers' loyalty to causes and his friends, and Indiana Jones' spunkiness towards an adventure.
I should be totally set with that, right?



The quote I will leave you with is a quote by one of my role models.

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. –Amelia Earhart

I'll see you guys soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment