The musings of a girl who's a bit too eager to talk about anything and everything.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hooyah, Zero!

1:40 PM Posted by Allie Wood , , No comments
So, in the course of the two weeks, I turned nineteen, graduated Navy boot camp, and spent a bunch of time in three different airports and moved to the Naval Air Technical Training Center in Pensacola, Florida to start my training as an Aviation Electrician's Mate. I think that's all pretty crazy. Don't you think?

Let's recap the past two months that I've been away, shall we?

I left for boot camp on August 19th and proceeded to be terrified for the next two weeks after that. I was thrown into an environment that was completely different than what I was used to and I did not like it one bit for quite a while. I'm an only child who's used to having places to herself, right? Well, I had to live with 83 other girls who all had their own strong personalities and ways that they wanted to do things. Our days were all planned out. I was 100% not used to that. You must remember, I went from watching whatever I wanted on Netflix all day straight to boot camp. We also didn't get a lot of sleep, mostly because people wouldn't shut up after taps. I don't think I ever got used to that. I didn't have any contact with the outside world except for letters. I had to exercise. I was DEFINITELY not used to that at all. On the bright side, I went from running a 21-minute mile and a half (Super slow, I know.) to a 13 1/2-minute mile and a half. I was pretty impressed, at least.

Honestly, I can say I was fine with boot camp. It was not my favorite part of my life, but, hey, I can say I got through it. A couple months ago, I was worried I wasn't going to be able to finish, and look at where I am now. I'm a United States sailor and I'm extremely proud of that.

Now for the fun parts.
FLORIDA IS AWESOME.

It's always so warm and sunny. It's 67 degrees back at home and it's usually warmer than 80 here, so that's a thing. I might freeze to death when I go back to Utah for Christmas, though. That'll be a big shock.

BUT FLORIDA.
I mean, look how pretty it is.


Next item of business.
My roommate here is awesome.

So, her name is Aubree. We went through all of boot camp together and ended up getting roomed together here at NATTC. Which is extremely lucky for me, because I'm not sure I would be having so much fun and laughing so much without her here. And we do cool things like volunteer in haunted houses. See?




So, I'm one thousand percent positive that I'll have a lot more amazing adventures to tell you about starting fairly soon, so yay for us. It'll be a good time,

“I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.”  
- John F. Kennedy


0 comments:

Post a Comment