The musings of a girl who's a bit too eager to talk about anything and everything.

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Take It From Bob Marley.

5:01 AM Posted by Allie Wood , , No comments
Don't worry about a thing, because every little thing is gonna be alright.

Okay, let me explain why I'm trying to sing a Bob Marley song to you through my keyboard.

Around here, I've started hearing more and more people complaining about everything going on. They complain about Florida being too hot or too cold. They complain about cleaning. They complain about missing family. (Okay, okay, it's no secret that I complain about missing my family, too.) It gets a little tiring hearing this stuff ALL THE TIME. 

But, luckily, I keep getting told that I'm such a positive person and I'm usually in a good mood and I'm always smiling unless I'm giving one of my friends a sarcastic look to tease them and make them laugh. Honestly, I love being like that. Let me tell you something. I spent two whole months of my life being inherently mad at all of my surroundings. I would be mad at my RDC's when they'd make us do 10-count core builders or push-ups or wouldn't let us sit down and other dumb stuff like that. I'd be mad at all of my shipmates because they were either just annoying me by being in my general area or they were busy getting the whole division in trouble. I was mad at the temperature of our compartment and having to clean the bathroom multiple times a day because I was on head crew and because the rest of the girls would trash it and not even attempt to clean up after themselves. And, boy, being angry at the world all the time was just absolutely exhausting.

Because of this, I moved down here to NATTC and I decided I just wasn't going to be mad anymore. 

Here are a few reasons for me not to be angry:

  • I'm in the U.S. Navy.
    • I've been wanting to join the military since I was little, and, look, here I am, in the military and such, wearing the uniform I've been dying to wear for years.
  • I'm not living in Utah anymore.
    • Don't get me wrong, I love Utah. It's my home. But, after spending 18 years and 10 months of my life there, I was ready for a scenery change. And, man, I got my scenery change twice in the course of two months. I moved to Illinois for boot camp, and now I'm down here at NATTC in Florida. Now I'll be living here until roughly March or April and then I have no clue where they're going to send me. That's pretty rad, if I do say so myself. 
  • Florida is absolutely gorgeous.
    • Being right by the ocean and having palm trees and sand right outside my window is so new and awesome for me. I feel like I'm being paid to be on vacation. (Well, minus the cleaning, but that doesn't matter.) 
    • Let's mention how the temperature here can get a little too warm, but it's phenomenal. I'm used to snow starting around this time, not trying to locate a fan so I can cool down, so that's fairly awesome.
  • I'm surrounded by great people.
    • My group of friends I've made is an absolute party. I never have a dull day around them because we're all hilarious and know how to have a great time without having to spend money or even go off base.
  • I'm surrounded by something I have a passion for.
    • AVIATION. AVIATION EVERYWHERE. Starting in a couple days, my classes to become an aviation electrician's mate is going to start and, I don't know about you, but I'm excited as heck. I love learning. Especially anything to do with aviation. And, lo and behold, this whole base is dedicated to that topic. Heck, I get so happy walking outside and seeing a jet fly by.

I could go on, but that would make this post waaaaay too long, and I'm not about that life.

So, kind of long story short, if you focus on the good things instead of the bad, you are going to have a much easier, as well as a much better, time with anything that you do. It's totally cliche to say, but look on the bright side. It's worth it. Take everything in stride, and just smile.

OH. FUN FACT TIME.
Even if you're in a bad mood, if you force yourself to smile, you will start feeling a bit better.
Totally scientifically proven. Google it if you need to.

Also, one last Bob Marley lyric song, because YOLO, petty officer.

Every life, we have some trouble,
when you worry, you make it double.
Don't worry, be happy.
Don't worry, be happy now.



0 comments:

Post a Comment